News

Watch: Footage Of 2Pac Shakur Mocking His 1994 Shooters Surfaces Online (Video)

BY Abena Dzaka January 31, 2024 6:59 PM EDT
Photo Credit: Facebook/2Pac

Rapper Tupac Amaru Shakur known by the stage name 2Pac was shot five times and robbed at the Quad Studios foyer in New York two years before he was shot and killed in September 1996.

Three decades later, the iconic MC may be seen on film slamming those who attempted to kill him, according to footage that has surfaced online.

Renowned photographer Ken Nahoum captured the footage, in which a shirtless 2Pac angrily sends a PSA to his assailants, bragging that “he’s still here” despite their attempt to take his life.

“I just want to give the guys who shot me another message. All five bullets touched me, but you couldn’t kill me; all you accomplished was to instill in me a greater sense of ambition and determination to keep going.”

I’m unstoppable, you won’t be able to stop me. “My drive and my heart are strong,” he said. “Thank you to everyone who has supported me; I truly feel as though God has put his hands on me.” Thank you, but no thanks, to the guys that shot me. You missed me, but I’m still here and difficult to kill.

Watch the video below:

On the evening of November 30, 1994, three men approached 2Pac at Quad Studios and demanded money. The adored artiste was shot twice in the skull, twice in the crotch, and once in the hand because he would not give it up.

Pac and Notorious B.I.G., whom Pac suspected of orchestrating the bust-up and who just so happened to be recording songs in the same building that evening, developed a serious falling out over that very episode.

The East Coast vs. West Coast feud is said to have started with a single gunshot, while some argue that VIBE unwittingly fueled the flames with their 1996 rap renditions of songs like Live From Death Row and East vs. West—Biggie and Puffy Break Their Silence, among others.

Regretfully, Tupac lost his life in September 1996 due to a drive-by shooting incident while, ironically, departing from a party hosted by VIBE magazine in Los Angeles. 

Weeks after Tupac’s death anniversary last year, Duane “Keefe D” Davis was charged with one count of murder with a deadly weapon by a Nevada grand jury following decades of the case being unsolved.

According to Marc DiGiacomo, the chief deputy district attorney for Clark County, Davis was the one who “ordered the death” of Tupac Shakur as the “on-ground, on-site commander.”